Employer: Bader International Study Centre – UK campus of Queen’s University (Canada)
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Hours: part-time – 15 hours/week, 43 weeks/year
Contract type: permanent
Closing date: 5pm Friday 2 March 2018
- Using Word, create and display a weekly minibus schedule during term-time.
- Using PowerPoint, create weekly advertising screen slides for minibus trips.
- Review and update the minibus leaflets and printed displays, some in Publisher.
- Organise taxi travel for visitors on the Castle account.
- Maintain records, buy road fund tax, and organise MoTs, services and repairs for BISC-owned vehicles.
- Coordinate update training for minibus drivers.
- Some general administrative tasks.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Excellent time management to meet immovable deadline each week.
- Knowledge of ‘tables’ in Microsoft Word.
- Good knowledge of local area.
- Problem-solving approach and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK and successful completion of an enhanced DBS check.
- Knowledge of Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Empathy/interest in students, average age 17 – 21 years.
Who we are
Bader International Study Centre (BISC), located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the international study centre of Queen’s University (Canada). It provides exceptional academic programmes for undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students as well as serving as a venue for international conferences and meetings. It is a registered charity. Its wholly owned trading subsidiary, Herstmonceux Castle Enterprises Limited, is responsible for running the gardens and grounds, corporate events and other functions including weddings.
What we can offer you
In addition to salary and holiday pay, we offer a number of other benefits, including:
- auto-enrol pension scheme with guaranteed contribution from the BISC/HCE
- opportunities for relevant training and development
- on-site parking
- subsidised meals scheme
- free campus gymnasium
- access to the BISC lending library: books, DVDs, CDs and more
- a wide range of free and discounted leisure opportunities either at, or connected to, Herstmonceux Castle
- a working environment comprising an historic building with beautiful gardens and grounds
- friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community.
The BISC is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
More information at
How to apply
Required application format: CV and covering letter to Nicola Taylor by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post at Bader International Study Centre, Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN.